Anyone up for playing Google+
Research shows that Google is the master player in the monopoly game of internet marketing.
They have competitors like Yahoo, Bing, MSN, some of which have merged to get some leverage and compete in this game.
Google + is a new game being played. Some say it’s not being played as often as hoped but from what I can see, guys likes Ian Anderson, creator of My Space has connect with half a million in his circles, and Mari Smith, new guru facebook marketer has 10’s of thousands in her circles. They must know something of the game if they’ve decided to play.
Below are some rules and strategies for you to get in the google + game.
Getting Facebook Contacts Into Google +
Ok , first question. Where do I go to Import my fb contacts to Yahoo mail? I have in the past imported my yahoo contacts into Google voice contacts. But I don’t know where to import fb to yahoo.
Here’s what you do:
1. Use your existing or create a Yahoo Mail account, login to Yahoo Mail and Import your Facebook contacts to Yahoo Mail.
2. Export your Yahoo Mail contacts to a CSV file (select Yahoo… format)
3. Use your existing or create a new GMail account (and associate it with Google+ through account settings if it’s not the one you used to create the + account) Import the Yahoo format CSV file into GMail.
I did create a new email address for Google+.. that was a real drag.. so many names with the word “Google” in them were taken.
4. On the right side of the “Stream” page in Google+ it will continue to feed “Suggestions” from your GMail contacts, by mousing over “Add to Circles” you can check the boxes for the circles you want people added to. Once they are signed-up for Google+ they will be preconfigured for the circles you’ve assigned.
Creating Pages In Google +
Like Facebook Google + offers a profile page and business pages (like fb fan pages)
I would recommend:
1. Create a separate G+ page for every web site you do have.
2. Link every G+ page to the respective web site’s home page.
3. You also might want to create G+ pages for different types of products (or web pages discussing different products – over and above your home page).
4. Create (and RESERVE) your G+ pages right now before someone else does it.
5. Upload your company logo.
6.Complete your business profile (AND make sure you provide your web site’s URL)!!
7. If you have a Twitter account, start sharing your G+ page’s URL with your followers so that they can visit your page.
8. Then, start searching for companies (when you are logged in as your G+ Business Page (not your personal G+ profile account) that you want to network with .
Think of keywords – In my case, for example, entrepreneur, business success, mastermind and more.
9. Like their pages and put them in your circles (you can create your own custom ones). You will then start seeing their posts in your stream.
10. Comment on their posts. Slowly but surely they will add you back.
Over a weekend you can have 15 or more already circling you back.
11.Share your business page with the people in your circles under your personal page.
12. Ask them to visit your biz page.
Then… do it every day 🙂
What New Game Is Google+ Playing?
Remember, G+ is a combination of Twitter (the idea of follow and followed back… here they talk about circles) and FB – you can have longer posts than on Twitter.
I know it sounds like a game.
It is a game.
The new monopoly money maker.
Google is playing the game and believing they hold all the cards. Better to get in the Google+ game so you can win a hand or two!